If you have suffered from chronic headaches or migraines, you know that it can be a debilitating experience. And you’re not alone.
Did you know:
- More than 35 million people in the U.S. experience migraine headaches.
- The average migraine sufferer experiences two migraines per month, which can last from 4 to 72 hours. Some individuals have headaches for more than 15 days per month.
Why Longevity Acupuncture?
At Longevity Acupuncture, we have successfully treated patients who were suffering from migraines and headaches. As shown in a recent study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, acupuncture helps reduce the days that patients have migraines. Furthermore, the report revealed that three months after treatment, people who received traditional Chinese acupuncture continued to report a reduction in migraine days, frequency and intensity.
How Acupuncture Works for Migraines:
Acupuncture treatments can help by:
- Targeting specific points that help your body regulate the blood flow in the small vessels that typically become constricted in a migraine attack, releasing endorphins, the brain’s nature painkillers.
- Affecting the autonomic nervous system and activating the parasympathetic nervous system to decrease stress, muscle tension, anxiety, irritability and prevent recurrence.
- Promitting cerebral circulation, allowing the afflicted region to obtain sufficient blood supply, oxygen and nutrition.
Proof That Acupuncture Works
In a study published in the March 2012 issue of the British Medical Journal, researchers found that patients who received acupuncture treatments for their migraines and headaches:
- Experienced fewer days with headaches
- Used less medication
- Made fewer visits to their doctor
- Took fewer days off sick from work than the control group
Covered By Insurance
In New Mexico, many insurance providers cover acupuncture treatments and other Chinese medical procedures and treatments, and at Longevity Acupuncture we offer safe, effective alternative treatment to restore and maintain the harmony in your body, which helps you become pain free and remain stable over time with no side effects.
Make An Appointment with a Qualified Acupuncturist
If you are suffering from migraines or chronic headaches, call (505) 263-7248 to make an appointment today. Longevity Acupuncture accepts most major insurance plans, including Presbyterian, Blue Cross Blue Shield, United HealthCare, Lovelace and CIGNA. Longevity Acupuncture also accepts most major credit cards.